Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pick of the Month [Feb 2017]

I read 12 books in February to continue my great start to 2017, having read a whopping 17 in January. Sounds like a lot of time between the pages but the numbers are padded somewhat by audiobooks. This is the first year I've really got stuck into them and I am loving it. I've listened to 9 so far and can only see than number rising. 

February was a bit of a mixed bag, I read crime, sci-fi, horror, and thrillers - an eclectic mix, which is good, however not all of the books hit the spot. I also had my first reread of 2017 with the Hard Case Crime pulp, Top of the Heap by A.A. Fair. I like rereading and will make more of an effort in the coming months. As for Top of the Heap, I rated it 2 stars, which is exactly the same rating I gave it a number of years ago. A reread of a favorite will be next. 

Despite not being as strong a month as January in terms of 5 star reads, I still read some very enjoyable books; Savage Lane by Jason Starr, The Fall of the Governor Pt.1 by Robert Kirkman, and Death's End by Cixin Liu all get honorable mentions. But the pick of the month was the excellent follow-up to Gregg Hurwitz's Orphan X, The Nowhere Man. This book blew me away. 

Read the review of The Nowhere Man by Gregg Hurwitz here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment