Monday, July 10, 2017

Pick of the Month [June 2017]

A little late but here's my pick of month for June 2017 blog post - and what an awesome reading month it was! I read 17 books (my most since January, in which I also read 17 books) but it's not all about getting notches under my belt, I'd rather read quality over quantity any day, luckily I read (or listened to) a heap of good books making this month the toughest month to pick. 

It was very hard to separate a number of books so I'm rolling with both Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, which I listened to, and Ten Dead Comedians by Fred Van Lente. Both of these books got me at just the right time and I enjoyed the hell out of them. 

I read Ten Dead Comedians after finishing a disturbing (and very well written) true crime The Spider and the Fly by Claudia Rowe and was in need of something more lighthearted and fun. Fred Van Lente did a great job with this book and I highly recommend it for readers who are in need of something a little different and less macabre in their crime fiction (don't worry, there's still a decent amount of murder and mystery going on here). You can read my review HERE on Goodreads.


I was late to party in reading (listening to) Ready Player One but had heard so many good things about it, thankfully the book lived up to, and then surpassed my expectations. A great read that will no doubt end up in my 'top 10 list' at years' end. You can read the review HERE.

Other books I rated 5 stars in June in no particular order:

A couple of rereads also featured
  • Headstone by Ken Bruen - the 9th book in the Jack Taylor series, gets better with each read
  • Welcome to the Bayou by Victor Gischler (graphic novel) - I love what Gischler does here when given the keys to the Punisher castle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment